The health and safety of Culligan Water employees and customers is our highest priority. With COVID-19, commonly known as Novel Coronavirus 2019, becoming a more widespread concern, Culligan has implemented preventive measures in line with the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO). At this time, we are taking recommended precautions while continuing regular operations. We have instructed that all employees:
- Wash their hands frequently (at least 20 seconds), as often as possible
- Practice safe hygiene: https://www.cdc.gov/healthywater/hygiene/etiquette/coughing_sneezing.html
- Have hand sanitizer with at least 62% alcohol and sanitizing wipes readily available
- Cover their mouth and nose with the crook of their arm while sneezing or coughing
- Stay home if they are not feeling well or have symptoms such as a fever (100.4° or more) or respiratory condition
- Self-quarantine or seek medical treatment when necessary
We are carefully monitoring the evolving coronavirus situation globally and will continue to take direction from the CDC and follow its recommendations. Please check our website for future updates. We look forward to continuing to serve our customers during this time.
Want better drinking water in your home?
Having better quality water in your home is more important than ever before. From bottled water to installed water filtration systems, our Culligan Water expert can recommend the solution that’s right for you and your family.
What to expect from an in-home water assessment
After requesting a test, a local Culligan water expert will contact you to schedule an in-home appointment that works with your schedule.
At your scheduled time, a Culligan water expert will arrive at your home to test your water for key contaminants.
Answers in 30 Minutes
In a half hour or less, your Culligan water expert will interpret the test results and provide you with solutions that make sense for you and your home.